By Kelly Richardson, co-founder of Infobrandz. She likes to help people build businesses through visual communication and her influential blogs.
We are in the middle of a modern age of video advertising, and marketers are feeling the shaking consequences. With the proliferation of smartphones and other devices, people are now more connected than ever, and advertising has gone beyond cable TV. This connectedness gives businesses the ability to reach their target market more quickly and easily with the right message. However, it also means that there is more pressure to create video campaigns that are timely and relevant to what consumers are interested in at that moment.
What’s Trending For Video In 2023
Video content is becoming increasingly popular among consumers to learn about brands and products. A study conducted by NogenTech found that 91% of marketers are using video content in 2023.
The popularity of streaming video services has increased since the Covid-19 epidemic. According to a video marketing survey conducted by Statista, as of November 2022, 86% of marketers used videos on Facebook for marketing purposes. YouTube was the most popular social media platform among marketers at 90%, and TikTok was used by 35% of those surveyed.
In the last two decades, I have seen video marketing change drastically. Five to seven years ago, video advertising was mostly done by larger brands and companies. However, now with the rise of social media and video-sharing platforms, smaller businesses and even individuals can create and share high-quality videos.
However, this has changed over time as internet speeds have increased and there is now more content available. We manage video creation and advertising for a variety of different customers, from political to corporate clients, from fitness brands to small non-profit organizations.
Video advertising is any advertisement that appears within a video player. This can include pre-roll, mid-roll and post-roll ads, as well as text- or display-banner ads that appear over the video itself. The digital video advertising market is growing rapidly, with spending expected to reach $80.1 billion in 2021 and $120 billion by 2024, according to a study by Statista. This presents a huge opportunity for businesses to reach consumers through video ads.
Social networking has skyrocketed in recent years, and along with it, the demand for vertical video advertising. Moreover, a recent survey at my company found that 75% of respondents prefer to watch videos horizontally. This is likely because people prefer to scroll through their feeds while holding their phones vertically, making it easier to consume content.
Strategies For Business Growth And Expansion
As video marketing grows more popular and necessary, it is important to understand the significance of using this form of marketing. Here are some effective ideas that will take your brand or product to the next level through video marketing and campaigns.
• Video Of Product Demonstration: If you are a product-based company, and you want to target new users or customers, creating a video of a product demo can be a good start. Or you can film a conversation with existing customers to understand how they are feeling after using your product. Consolidate these findings into one video and share them on your social media handles to reach out to your potential prospects.
• 10-30 Second Product Feature Video: Try creating a 10-30 second demo video for a new product you plan on launching to showcase all the ultimate features to your social media followers and target audience. Highlighting all its features and benefits in a consumable, bite-size video form can help your product gain even more attention.
• Customer Testimonials: Social proof can be a powerful tool for attracting new customers. You can give it a personal touch by inviting a satisfied customer and asking them to give a brief testimonial. This practice of creating short client testimonial videos and sharing them with other viewers can make a big impression and help you win new business.
• Q&A Recorded Sessions With A Prospective Client: If you want to create video content that will resonate with your audience, try this approach: a Q&A session with your prospective customers or buyers. Identify a buyer who has recently purchased something from you or is curious about purchasing and ask them about their interest, the reason for choosing your product and what they liked the most about your offerings. This can help you gain real-time insights into your audience and buyers and crack the deal easily.
• Video-Scribing Technique: Whiteboard videos have risen in popularity because they look good and do not cost much to make. You just need a camera, good lighting, space and someone who can draw effectively. Here you can pick a relevant topic such as trends or issues going on in the world or any industry, and create a video highlighting your solution to it.
Video marketing is one of the smartest ways you can approach digital marketing strategies in 2023 and beyond. It’s accessible, shareable and has built-in value. With video marketing, you can create content that is personal and that has a real impact on your audience. When it comes to stirring up strong emotions that lead to sales, I believe there’s nothing quite like it. And at the end of the day, all sales are personal to some degree.